The City of Miami offers assistance to homeowners who are behind in their mortgage payments because their income has been affected as a result of the economic situation derived from the pandemic.
The aid consists of a one-time sum of $ 6,000 that is given directly to the bank or lender that holds the mortgage on the home, which must be owner-occupied. The money can be used to pay the principal, taxes, insurance and interest between March 1 and December 30, 2020.
He City of Miami Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP) draws from a fund of more than $ 1 million in coronavirus assistance from the state of Florida. The money the owners receive does not need to be repaid because it is a grant, not a loan.
MAP opened on August 17 and will close on November 30 or when funds are exhausted.
Requirements to qualify for MAP
▪ The home must be located in the city of Miami. The property folio must start with 01. To check if you are within the city of Miami, go to https://www.miamidade.gov/pa/property_search.asp
▪ There is an income limit to meet the program requirements. If only one person lives in the home, they must earn less than $ 76,800. To check the rest of the lfinancial income limits, see table.
▪ You must not have been delinquent on mortgage payments before March 1.
How to apply for the Mortgage Assistance Program
▪ The application is available in Spanish, and you can download it at https://www.miamigov.com/Residents/Housing/Mortgage-Assistance-Program.
▪ You can also obtain it in printed format at NET offices in the city of Miami. You can call 311 to get the addresses and hours they are open.
▪ The application must be accompanied by a series of personal documents of the applicant and about the housing, which can be consulted online at the MAP site.
Where to send the request
This should be sent along with the supporting documents in a sealed package by mail to the address: City of Miami, Department of Housing and Community Development, Mortgage Assistance Program, PO Box # 013581, Miami, FL 33101.
It can be delivered in person Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm at the City of Miami Department of Housing and Community Development, 14 NE 1 Ave., First Floor, reception box, Miami, FL 33132.
For information: 305-416-2080.
Ten days after applying, you will receive a response as to whether you are eligible for the MAP program.