Choosing a suitable surgeon for liposuction will contribute to favorable results
If you have problems with the accumulation of fat, you can say goodbye to it by undergoing a liposuction. However, this procedure presents a set of risks that you need to know to decide if liposuction is the right resource for you.
Possible risks of liposuction
According to an article on the portal Plastic SurgerySome of the risks you expose yourself to when undergoing liposuction are the following.
- Uneven figure
- Wavy or sagging skin
- Skin or nerve damage
- Irregular pigmentation
- Fat clots
- Blood clots
- Excessive loss or accumulation of fluids
- Inadequate healing
- Bleeding (bruising)
- Changes in skin sensitivity
- Discoloration or swelling of the skin
- Persistent pain
- Persistent swelling in the legs
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Thermal burns or heat injuries
Ideal candidates for liposuction
Although liposuction is a procedure whose benefits are perceived by all, there are people whose condition reduces their chances of experiencing side effects. These people are:
- Adults who are not within 30% of their ideal weight and who have a firm and elastic skin, as well as good muscle tone.
- Healthy people who do not have fatal diseases or conditions that can disrupt healing.
- No smokers
- People with a positive attitude and who have specific goals about their figure
It should be remembered that liposuction should be the last alternative to treat fat deposits that have not been satisfactorily addressed by physical exercise or diet. In other words, should not be the first resource that we contemplate to slim down.
It is crucial to follow the specialist’s instructions after having liposuction for the best possible recovery. In this sense, it is essential that the incisions made during the operation are not exposed to excessive force, swelling, abrasion, or jerky movements.
In conclusion, liposuction is a procedure that we must reflect a lot so that it only gives us the effects we want and no complications for the sake of our Health.
You may be interested in reading: Why cook Mediterranean recipes to lose weight?