A new stimulus bill will not go into effect until both parties reach an agreement
Under the CARES Law, economic dependents over 16 years of age and university students under 24 years of age were excluded.
Photo: Sean Rayford / Getty Images
Negotiations between Republicans and Democrats on a new stimulus package have stalled although there is hope of a new agreement, as both parties have stated that they are willing to resume the debate.
The Senate will be on recess until after Labor Day and the House of Representatives has nothing on the agenda after Labor Day. approval of funding from the United States Postal Service (USPS). A new stimulus bill will not go into effect until both parties reach an agreement and until the president Donald trump stamp your signature and become law.
Although we do not know for sure when the parties will come together to present a new bill, we do know what obstacles citizens will face. to get a new stimulus check, in case of being approved if the rules of the first project continue in force:
- Single taxpayers with an annual income (AGI) greater than $ 99,000 dollars They will not be able to opt for financial support.
- Neither could family heads with an AGI greater than $ 136,500 dollars.
- Married couples with an AGI greater than those $ 198,000 dollars they would not be candidates for a new economic stimulus payment.
- Economic dependents over 16 years of age and college students under the age of 24.
- Neither do non-resident foreigners, according to the definition of the United States government.
- During the first delivery under the CARES Act, imprisoned people were excluded from financial support.
- In the same way the people who died from the previous tax return, your family members were unable to cash the stimulus check on your behalfThey will also have to return the payment according to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). More than 70 percent of stimulus checks that were mistakenly sent to people who died have been recovered as reported by Government Accountability Office (GAO).
You can know how much money you could get on a second stimulus check under the proposals that rest in Congress, we also have information on what to do to pay rent and apply for a new federal program in case you have received your first stimulus check.
-You may also be interested: